Vegetables are one of those food groups that’s easy to ignore. Well don’t! Generally speaking, vegetables should take up about half of your diet. That means of all of the food you consume, half of it should be vegetables. So let’s get to it.
Fat Loss Steamed Vegetables
Get yourself a vegetable steamer. You can get them cheap at amazon here. Buy yourself some broccoli, cauliflower, and some carrots. Here’s what you do:
- Get a pot. Fill it with just enough water so when you put the vegetable steamer in it, the water doesn’t come up the bottom. Turn the stove on to medium high.
- As the water is coming to a boil, rinse off the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
- Cut up the carrots to whatever size you want them to be. Put them into the vegetable steamer in the pot. Put the lid on the pot, let it sit there for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After 3 to 5 minutes, take apart chunks of broccoli and cauliflower to whatever size you want, put them into the vegetable steamer in the pot. The reason we don’t put all of it at the same time is because carrots take a little longer to soften up when you steam them than broccoli and cauliflower. You don’t want your broccoli or cauliflower to get all mushy. Gross. Christ miss me with that soft broccoli sh*&
- Leave all the vegetables in there for another 6 to 10 minutes with the lid on. Take a fork and jab at the vegetables every now and again to check their softness.
- After they’re at your desired doneness, turn the stove off, take the lid off and enjoy. Careful, it’s hot.
That’s it. That’s the basics of it. All vegetables behave the same way. Some, like carrots, take longer so you gauge accordingly.
Get Yourself a Vegetable Steamer
If you’re trying to lose weight, vegetables are a MUST. Unless you like eating raw vegetables like a rabbit, you’re going to want to cook them one way or another. Get yourself a vegetable steamer. They’re cheap off amazon.
Things you can do to change it up:
- add salt
- add lemon juice – squeeze some lemon on it
- add pepper
- all of the above
- none of the above
For other fat loss recipes, see our section on fat loss here!